50th Birthday Gag Gifts...
Because You Might As Well Laugh About It
Need original and funny 50th birthday gag gifts? We can help!
We know you wouldn't want to give a tacky, cheesy, just plain stupid, or worst of all, an unfunny gag gift.
That's why we've wracked our brains to come up with, dare we say it,
clever and funny 50th birthday gifts.
Presenting Our Top Ten+ List of 50th Birthday Gag Gifts
- Put a photo of the birthday guy or gal on a magazine cover —could be Time, AARP, Sports Illustrated or you can make up a funny magazine name.
Photoshop this yourself or check out a site that offers this service, such as yourcover.com, fakemagazines.com, and fakemagazinecover.com.
Make up funny headlines and blurbs about the half-centurian too. For a more sentimental gift, write text highlighting your friend's fabulousness.
- Write your friend a fake obituary. Misspell his/her name, list all of the things he/she will never do, describe the perfect family and then add "Oh, that's my family," mention that he/she didn't look a day over 60
- Make a really big AARP membership card and wrap it up beautifully
- Find that really embarrassing photo, blow it up and frame it
- Take that embarrassing photo (how about a high school yearbook picture?) and turn it into a roll of (real) photo stamps
- Wrap up a clear bathroom glass, a box of Efferdent and some fake teeth
- Find a pretty pouch or drawstring bag and place a comb with no teeth inside (perfect for that balding friend with a healthy sense of humor)
- Tell the guest of honor you bought him/her a bathing suit for his/her big 50th birthday trip and present them with a gift of Depends
- Wrap up a pair of big, old people clip-on sunglasses in a really nice eyeglasses case for that same big trip
- Ask a guest who couldn't make it to the birthday party to tape record or videotape a message to the birthday guy or gal and have him/her scream it, a la Garrett Morris on Saturday Night Live (oh boy, now we're really dating ourselves)
- Fill one of those huge empty water cooler bottles with $10 worth of quarters and tape a sign to it that says "Retirement Fund"
- Buy a large bottle of prune juice and two pretty champagne or wine glasses and gift wrap them beautifully
- Make custom tattoos by printing a photo of the birthday guy or gal on tattoo paper using a laser printer
- Buy a Viagra switchplate cover for that special birthday boy (these really are pretty darn funny up on a wall; you can find them online)
And if you don't have the time or inclination for a DIY gift, how about one of these for a cute, clever and easy 50th gag?
Don't forget to check out these pages too:
50th Birthday Gift Ideas
Special 50th Birthday Gifts